Back to Education Initiative (BTEI)
The Back to Education Initiative (BTEI), provides part-time further education programmes for adults over the age of 16 years. BTEI provides part-time options in learning it offers the chance to combine a return to education and training with family, work and other responsibilities.
BTEI courses can be provided free of charge to adults who have left full-time education and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have less than upper second level education (Leaving Certificate)
- Have a medical card or are the dependent of a medical card holder
- Are in receipt of a social welfare payment (e.g. Jobseeker Allowance/ Benefit, One Parent Family
- Payment, Cares Allowance, Disability Allowance, etc.)
- Course fees may apply to applicants who do not meet these criteria.
BTEI is co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.