This objectives of this module are:
- To facilitate the learner develop an understanding of the importance of infection prevention and control in the provision of a healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- To assist learners develop an understanding of the principles of infection, the factors that contribute to healthcare associated infections , their prevention & outbreak management.
- To enable learners gain an appreciation of the role of the Infection Prevention and Control team in the prevention and management of infection in healthcare settings & their role in policy formation.
- To assist learners acquire knowledge of the standard precautions & practical skills required to decontaminate equipment to include terminal cleaning, segregation of all healthcare waste & linen, the management of spillages, safe sharps disposal and the role of single use items.
- To enable the learner manage inoculation & accidental exposure to blood & bodily fluids and understand the need for reporting such incidences and the role of the occupational health.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to infection prevention and control through the medium of the indicative content.
Infection Prevention & Control (5N3734)
Thursday evenings, 6.30pm – 9.30pm, commencing January 21st, 2022, over 15 weeks.
Tara Carty on 057 934 9428 or email email@example.com